Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Baby Stuff Wish List

We set up a registry at Babys R Us, because I love the cloth diapers they have there (Kushies) and they have pretty much everything else we need (except they didnt have socks in the online registry...wierd huh?) Its www.babysrus.com if anyone is interested.

  1. Cloth Diapers - This is REALLY what we need more than ANYTHING else - The decision to use cloth diapers is not one we reached without a lot of thought, but we're sticking with it, and could very much use them since Brianna only has the large sizes. (list of sites that sell them, my favorite ones etc is at the bottom) Let me tell ya... these are NOT your mother's cloth diapers! Also, more often than not these are not covered, because they have a diaper cover built right in, so they're really like little shorts almost :)
  2. Material - Cute Baby Materials in Flannel, Terry Cloth, Fleece, Microfleece, Wool yarn (100% wool, NOT washable/superwash) I have been making baby accessories for Brianna and would like to continue to make them for the new baby. I can make some diapers, although I really love the brands I listed below. :)
  3. DONE Dresser - Thanks Mom! :)
  4. Socks (no idea how we managed to keep every single baby thing but socks haha)
  5. non Playtex Bottles (I want the kind that dont need bags)
  6. DONE Twin Bed for Brianna - Thanks Kelly and Mom! :) This will be coming by the first of August from Fla :)
  7. Changing table pad (for some reason ours didnt last very long last time, and this time I'm going to make a waterproof cover for it to help durability)
  8. Over the door storage unit (this is PERFECT) for our tiny nursery...I could technically use 2 or 3 of these :) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267671&cp=2255986.2256246.2256297&parentPage=family



What I don't need but want anyways: :)

  • ERGO brand baby carrier
  • cant think of anything else :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cloth Diapers

*AIOs are the easiest ones to use, and pockets are the more versatile of the two, and OS means they will fit from birth till potty trained (although some may not work for the first couple of weeks...they generally fit from 8lbs - 30lbs so that covers at LEAST 90% of the duration)


  1. Mommy's Touch OS Pocket Diapers
  2. Happy Heiny's Pockets - I have a wholesale account with them for my business, which gets me a great discount if you want to pick them out and have me get them (this is probably what I would use a gift card for :D, or you can buy them here These are the main part of Brianna's diaper collection and they work great
  3. Berry Plush AIO Diapers

Basically, anything from these sites that is an "AIO" or "Pocket" is great.

Mudpie Babies
Snooty Booty Diapers
Lucy's Hope Chest
Diaper Ware The drybees lacy ones are incredibly cute :)
Abby's Lane
Sunflowers and Sunshine
ClothWorx -
tracy.ries@gmail.com = Tracy has made me a couple of custom made diapers and they've worked great (and are very inexpensive) She does mostly (maybe all?) custom work, where you pick the fabric and she makes them from hand and they're never more expensive than the name brand ones
http://www.hyenacart.com


Generally, I like what are called "AIOs" (all in ones) and "Pockets" (same as the all in one except you wash the absorbant part seperate, and it makes them easier to clean/faster to dry/easy to customize absorbancy) I also like those with velcro or "applix" (I think thats just an industry standard brand of velcro or something) but anything cute with snaps is ok too :)


There are also options for which outer layer works best. I've found that "PUL" (polyeurethane laminant) works best.
There are some that are specifically designed to grow with baby so we wouldn't have to get new ones as Victoria grows (and could technically use the same ones for Brianna and Victoria, if Brianna is not potty trained by then) They are called "OS".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on you newly expected baby! I hope your whole family is doing well. Thank you for the name drop!
Tracy Ries
(I accidentally found your blog during a Google search of my diapers.)