Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Update on Tori

I'm just going to call her Tori from now on. :) Hopefully it will sound more natural on my tongue by the time she gets here. I like it, it just sounds foreign for some reason.

I'm almost 31 wks pregnant with Tori. She has been incredibly active lately, especially down low in my tummy. I think that means she's head down? This pregnancy continues to have a pace of its own, compared to Brianna's. The back pain has not been as severe, but again I'm not moving around as much as I was w/ my last. Of course, I'm also not going up and down 2 flights of stairs 2-4 times a day for work either like I was at this point, last time. I had some sort of nerve pain for a couple of weeks where I would move a certain way and get a shooting pain up and down my leg, but its mostly subsided now.

We have decided to take the same route as we did with Brianna, in this pregnancy. We have seen a nurse-midwife for the first part of the pregnancy, and are going to have this baby unassisted at home. We will have someone give us one last check up right before and a check up right after though same as last time.

We're really not ready for Tori to come though honestly. So much stuff to do, clothes to sort through, diapers to make or buy, birth supplies, etc. Sometimes it seems so overwhelming, and sometimes it seems like it will be no big deal, ya know?

My blood pressure has been a bit all over the place, but I think my cuff is malfunctioning. Maybe I'll try my larger cuff and see if that makes a difference.

Sorry to ramble on! The family is great, the baby to be is great! (she could technically be born NOW and be ok, can you believe it?!??!!?!?!?) Brianna has just hit her terrible two's and is as we speak doing some sort of pouting/tantrum thing in the chair next to me. Cody is visiting grandma and having a lot of fun.

No comments: